- To Do, or Not to do?…..That is the question! (3/19/2016)- The quest to complete five cars simultaneously continues at a snail pace. Actually, it is not that I am moving slow – but it is rather that there are millions and millions of parts to clean, restore, inspect, and install … Continue reading
- Update: AR1493E*06611 – Metal Work is Done (7/21/2011)- Work on 06611 continues, all metal work is done (Thank God)!!!! and the final cleaning is happening. Now ready for the Metal prep and epoxy primer. Once epoxy primer is applied I will be moving on to the 58 Spider … Continue reading
- Update: AR1493E*06611 – Trunk Floor (2/13/2011)- All of the wiring harness work, the unusual Texas cold winter and other family and business affairs have been keeping me from maintaining steady progress on Sprint 06611 sheet metal work. Removing, making a trunk floor from a flat sheet of metal, and … Continue reading
- Update: AR1493E*06611 – Trunk Lid Lower Frame Support (1/20/2011)- Here are some photos for the trunk lid lower frame support as we repair the old one and make a template for the ones in the future. Next will be the trunk floor to be made.
- Update: AR1493E*06611 – Rear Metal Work (1/19/2011)- We continue to make headway on E06611 and as of last weekend most of all the vehicle’s rear metal work has been completed. We had to cut the lower section of the trunk lid and replace it with a new … Continue reading
- Update: AR1493E*06611 – Final Hand Planishing & Welding for Driver Side Rear Quarter Panel (1/4/2011)- All the welding as well as the final hand planishing with dolly and hammer has been completed on the driver side rear quarter panel. The final results shows the oxyacetylene welding stitches blended into the panel like the original factory … Continue reading
- Update: AR1493E*06611 – Outer Skin & Fender Metal Work (1/2/2011)- We have made significant progress on Giulietta Sprint Veloce E06611 since last posted. We are now moving along to the outside skin and inner fenders. As of December 30th, we have logged a total of 130 hours on the car since … Continue reading
- Update: AR1493E*06611 – Floor Pans (12/19/2010)- Happy to report that progress on my Giulietta Sprint Veloce E0611 is coming full throttle. As of this Saturday, all the floors are done. I was lucky enough to stumble into the correct size bead roller needed to make the … Continue reading
- Update: AR1493E*06611 – Front End Work, No Replacement Necessary (12/1/2010)- 06611 has just undergone extensive hand planishing to restore the front end.
- Update: AR1493E*06611 – Metal Restoration Processs (11/22/2010)- It has been a while since I posted on the now famous E06611, the last first series 750 Sprint Veloce. Finally, after taking the plunge into the unknown territory of metal fabrication with the attitude that I should fear nothing … Continue reading
- Update: AR1493E*06611 – Moving to the warehouse (7/12/2008)- Who said that a Giulietta Sprint would not fit in a small Uhaul? 06611 is moving to the warehouse, where it will begin it’s restoration.
- Restoration: 1958 Giulietta Sprint Veloce last 1st series – AR 1493E*06611 (12/28/2006)- After having my Giulietta Sprint Veloce 1st series sitting around for many years I am ready to embark into my long awaiting restoration project. I purchased the car as a rolling shell and after years of collecting the correct parts … Continue reading